Friday, November 28, 2008

Snow (flakes)

Is it the economy? The Holidays? Do I smell bad? Because within the past 2 days I have had 5 people cancel plans with me at the last minute. Hand to God, I am not this bitchy in person.

I think the icing on the cake was when The Missionary canceled going to Thanksgiving dinner with me. I'm not so much upset that he wasn't there, but honestly I'm just baffled at the absurdity of it all. He called me and asked me what to bring to the party the day before! Then...

*Crickets*

I defy the gospel of all the dating advice I have scoured over in the past year (for work I tell you!) and I call him. Then text him. Then call him. Then text him. Finally I get a response 15 minutes before I am set to go over to the party that says:

"Hi Anni. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I couldn't do the dinner. I'll owe you for the cheese and crackers if you are not too mad. Have a Happy Thanksgiving."

Let's break this down, shall we?

Hi Anni
Oh! Hello there! Where did you come from?

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner
This is not a get out of jail free card for inconsiderate behavior, SORRY.

but I couldn't do the dinner.
Assuming that making a phone call is too arduous for you, I'm genuinely shocked.

I'll owe you for the cheese and crackers if you are not too mad.
You owe me for more than cheese and crackers, dude. Money makes the heart grow fonder, though.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Fuck your compliment sandwich.

Obviously, I am taking this personally when in reality, this has absolutely nothing to do with my value. I have cancelled plans, and pretty much slid off the face of the Earth to avoid talking to someone I was no longer interested in. I have never stood anyone up though. It's a deal breaker.

All I have to say is that rejection is the Universe's protection because I actually DID have a Happy Thanksgiving! There were a couple of totally cute available guys at the party I attended, and who brings a sandwich to a buffet?



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Seward said...

All you can eat buffet! Holla!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home