Friday, October 07, 2005

If you know anything about me, you already know that there are two things in this world that I love, I mean LOVE: Family and food. Both of the two you must have in your life for survival. Overindulgence in either of the two can lead to death (okay, maybe not death but EXTREME discomfort). Let me begin with my Mother, a truly amazing woman from whom I received my great love for the kitchen. My earliest memories are being by my Mother's side as she prepared meals for our friends and family.

I even have a scar in the middle of my forehead from when I was standing behind her as a toddler while she was taking out a cast iron skillet from the oven and BAM! Behold, My First Kitchen Scar. I suppose this was a test to see if I could handle myself like a pro’ (Obviously Ma’ doesn’t mess around!). After I came out of a coma, she promoted me to sous chef of the household and I was assigned with the prestigious tasks of grating cheese, peeling potatoes, and picking out the June Bugs from the Spanish rice. Most importantly, I learned how she made all the wonderful dishes that came out of her kitchen and have made her famous among friends and family: Chile Verde, Lasagna and Chicken Deván to name a few. The most important thing is that she made them with love and has passed this love on to me. Here's to you Mom, Bon Appétit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home